Hatco and Krampouz are proud to offer a variety of commercial and professional countertop cooking equipment. This recipe is originally shared by Krampouz.
|1 kg prawns|
|4 ripe tomatoes|
|1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tsp. saffron|
|Salt & pepper|
|4 red peppers|
|2 glasses of cold water|
|1 glass of white vinegar|
|2 limes (cut into 4)|
|2-3 tbsp. brown sugar|
|1 minced clove garlic|
|1½ tsp. fresh ginger|
|1 tsp. chopped lemongrass|
Preparing the dish:
- Thoroughly clean the prawns, keeping the shells.
- Finely chop the onions lengthwise.
- Seed and cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
- Put all the spices (thyme, garlic, ginger, pepper and chopped lemongrass) in a mortar, then crush them.
Preparing the marinade:
- Place the prawns with olive oil, vinegar and crushed spices in a large bowl.
- Mix well and let stand for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat the griddle to 482°F (250°C), then lower to 392°F (200°C).
- Put the prawns on the griddle and cook for 2 minutes, then turn them over and let brown for 2 minutes.
- Lower the other side of your griddle to 212°F (100°C), and then place the onions and tomatoes on it. Brown them.
- On a hot dish, arrange your prawns, brushed at the last moment with a little marinade, with the cooked tomatoes and onions.
Advice: Accompany the dish with a white rice with lemon zest.