Hatco and Krampouz are proud to offer a variety of commercial and professional countertop cooking equipment. This recipe is originally shared by Krampouz.
|2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)|
|5 eggs, separated|
|2 cups low-fat milk (50 cl)|
|2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter (30 g)|
|1 tbsp. sugar|
|Pinch of salt|
To make the batter:
- Put the flour, 5 egg yolks, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Gradually add the milk to obtain a smooth, lump-free batter.
- Whip 4 egg whites until they are stiff and carefully mix them into the batter.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes. Before cooking, add the cooled melted butter.
- Pour a ladle and a half of batter and spread with the base of the ladle over the griddle to form a palatschinken 8' (20 cm) in diameter.
- Leave to cook for approximately 30 seconds.
- When the edges start to brown, turn over with the spatula and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
Suggestions for filling: To suit your taste, vary the types of jam and garnish with fruit purées, custard, fresh fruit, and scoops of ice cream or sorbet. Don’t forget a few mint leaves for decoration.