When you’re searching for a supplier, there are a lot of variables to consider, so it shouldn’t be a snap decision. While you want a supplier that can provide value and quality for your customers, you also want a dependable partner that delivers peace of mind along with their equipment. If you can find all of these things rolled into one partner, it’ll make your life easier and will keep your customers coming back for more.
As you’re evaluating potential suppliers, use this set of 10 criteria as your go-to guide. If you do, you’ll find yourself a first-rate partner that’ll help you deliver nothing but the best.
1) Knock-your-socks-off customer service: A good supplier isn’t just about quality equipment; they’ve got customer service skills to match. When evaluating partners, pay attention to their quality of care, as it can make or break your experience.
2) An established network: You want a partner who’s been around the block — not a fly-by-night operation. If they’ve been in the business for years and have a reputation for excellence, chances are they’ll be a trusted advisor with an established network of contacts and useful insights.
3) Quick turnaround time: If equipment breaks down or there’s a last-minute installation needed, you don’t have time to spare (and trust us, we know downtime doesn’t come cheap). To keep your customers happy, look for a supplier with lightning speed support.
4) Certified service: When you check out certification, you’ll see not all suppliers are created equal. Make sure your potential partner has the supplier stamp of approval by confirming they’re recognized by the Certified Food Equipment Service Agents Association (CFESA).
5) Can’t-beat combo of quality and value: At the end of the day, you need quality equipment. But when it comes to the equipment, don’t stop there. Shop for a supplier that brings value beyond the price tag. Look for suppliers who prioritize energy efficiency and long-term durability, as their equipment will have a longer shelf life.
6) Online order tracking: When you’re waiting on a delivery, you want to know the status. Find a supplier that can keep you in the loop with online tracking. Hatco takes it one step further by providing real-time tracking data to AutoQuotes every 15 minutes. This way, you’re never left to wonder where things stand.
7) On-the-dot delivery: We’ve been there. When you’re waiting on an order, you want it yesterday. Downtime can mean lost dollars, so quick ship times are critical. Look for a partner that takes shipping seriously. For example, at Hatco, 99% of our shipments ship in 4-8 days! We also have over 140 “quick ship” products, which means expedited shipping. You won’t just get equipment on time — you’ll get it sooner.
8) On-point accuracy: When you’re waiting on an order and the wrong product shows up, it’s frustrating, to say the least. Suppliers that provide quality customer service usually pride themselves on accurate orders, but just to be safe, make sure they have a reputation for reliability in the order accuracy department.
9) A full-service support team: Inevitably, support questions will come up. When they do, you want a partner with a knowledgeable support team. And the bigger the team, the more easily you’ll get the answers you need. With over 25 rep groups and 500 authorized sales tech support providers, Hatco’s here to help. Whether you need on-site demos, equipment recommendations or over-the-phone troubleshooting, we have an army of easy-to-access service representatives.
10) Turnkey equipment: The equipment should be the easy part, and with the right supplier, it is. If you choose a partner with a reputation for excellence in the industry, it’s a safe bet that their products will be reliable. You can trust they’ll work out-of-the-box, without requiring extra work on your part.
Put your trust in us.
You’ve got a lot to juggle, and if you have a supplier you can trust, it’s one less thing to worry about. Not only that, but a solid partner will save you time (and headaches), so you can focus on your customers. As a long-term industry leader, Hatco may be just the supplier you’re looking for. Since our founding in 1950, we’ve prided ourselves on superior product quality and knock-your-socks-off customer service. But don’t take our word for it - find out for yourself by locating a Hatco rep near you!